Since it is the summer and I will be finishing up the LSAT on June 8th, I decided to catch up on some reading. Some of these books I read before, but want to read them again since I have gotten older and my views/opinions have changed over the years.
Some books cater to the hobbies I want to get into.
Some books assist my in my thirst of knowledge for history.
Now my goal is not that big, so I should be able to read all 25 by Labor Day. Since I never been a book snob (hence the title of this blog), my books will vary in subjects/topics.
1. Too Blessed to Be Stressed by Dr. Suzan D. Johnson Cook
2. Lucrative Love by Tom Feltenstein
3. 10 Bad Choices that ruin black women’s lives by Dr. Grace Cornish
4. Why we can’t wait by Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. The Reckoning by Randall Robinson
6. Oh God! A Black Woman’s guide to Sex and Spirituality by Rev. Dr. Susan Newman
7. Running for Dummies
8. Yoga for Dummies
9. Lifetime Running Plan by Bill Rogers
10. The Mis-Education of the Negro by Carter G. Woodson
11. 10 Good Choices that Empower Black Women’s Lives by Dr. Grace Cornish
12. You Deserve Healthy Love, Sis by Dr. Grace Cornish
13. Just too good to be true by E. Lynn Harris
14. The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah
15.Midnight by Sister Souljah
16. The Bible for Dummies
17. African American History for dummies
18. Politics for Dummies
19. Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington
20. The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois
21. Narrative of the life of Fredrick Douglass by Fredrick Douglass
22. How I Write by Janet Evanovich
23. The African Origin of Civilization by Cheikh Anta Diop
24. Get your own damn beer, I am watching the game! by Holly Robinson Peete
25. Other People’s Skin by Tracy Price-Thompson & TaRessa Stovall
Of course I will be providing reviews and opinions on all the books. This should get the blog up and running on a consistent basis. One goal out of reading these books is to improve my reading comprehension.
So please feel free to join me this summer and share in the discussion. Please do not let me be the only one commenting about them! LOL!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
2009 Summer Reading List
25 books for the summer: