So it is HOUR 12 (HOUR 6 FOR ME) OF THE READ-A-THON!!!!!
Dewey’s Read-a-thon created a Mini-Challenge asking about your experience so for in the read-a-thon. Here goes mine!!!!
1. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading “Three African American Classics” which contains the following books:
1. Up from Slavery by Booker T. Washington
2. The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. DuBois
3. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
2. How many books have you read so far?
I am currently on my second book.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Actually I have been looking forward to the current books because it contains three books in it and I am still debating should I count it as one or three books.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Actually I did. Being that I work full time and go to law school part time, I added some extra hours of study time in the week so that I can have today off. I still feel guilty doing all this “pleasure” reading when I should be studying being that it is LESS THAN two months away from finals.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
No interruptions, just trying to get started. Having a friend come into town trying to convince me to hangout with her and my roommate was very tempting, but I managed to turn down the offer. It actually helped because I now have the apartment to myself.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
It is going by really fast!!! With getting lost in the pages of my books and trying to keep up this site and all the bloggers who are participating, my day is going by really fast!!!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Maybe create a forum or message board. Something like that.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I will be participating next time and I do not think I would do anything different BUT prepare snacks and meals for myself because now I need to leave to go grab a bite to eat.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not tired, but I do think my eyes are a little tired. They are becoming increasingly dry. This is another clue that I need to let them rest. Perfect time for me to grab a bite to eat.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?