Once again we come upon another year! So many things transpired in 2011 that I am truly thankful for the new year. With that being said, lets stick strictly to reading and book related topics.
Since Borders closed, I may have bought one or two books. I can safely say that the store closing has caused a major affect on my book buying. This is a good thing with regards to my pockets and overstuffed bookshelves. Nevertheless my lack of book buying has not prevented me from reading books outside of my bookshelves because I have rediscovered the........ LIBRARY!!!
I finally reactivated my library card and have went crazy checking out books that I know I could never possibly get to read no matter how many times I renew them. My plan for this year is to realistically check out only books that I know I could read in the time frame I have been given. So I am placing myself on a limit of checking out 2-3 books at a time.
Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge
At the beginning of 2011 I pledge to read 25 books. From January to May, I only read one. From May until yesterday, I read 17 books. This led to a total of 18 books. However compared to 2009 and 2010, I did really well. Here are all the books I read in 2011:
The future of Book Snob Wannabe…
I am really excited for 2012 because I see big things for this blog.
- I plan to read 50 books this year.
- I plan to stick to the MANY book challenges I signed up for this year.
- I will be adding different “monthly series” (such as my monthly “book into movies” series).
- Book related topics that are personal to me. • Participating with other blogs for read-alongs.
- Doing a better job at writing and posting reviews on the books I read.
What are your reading plans for 2012?